Cherry Caterpillar (Phalera Flavescens) モンクロシャチホコ(紋黒鯱)

英語の後に日本語が続きます。

I couldn't believe my eyes. These are so called cherry caterpillars, larvae of Phalera flavescens or a moth. They eat cherry leaves so voraciously from August to October that some trees cannot survive, which is understandable, because I saw several branches covered by the larvae😱!

But more surprisingly, they're edible and some even say they're yummy😱!!! When roasted over a fire, they are traditionally noted for a subtle, pleasant flavor and aroma reminiscent of cherry blossoms from feeding on cherry leaves. This leaves me with a question. Who tried them first? How courageous the person is for trying them!

I went there on the following day, finding all the branches with the larvae having been removed. I don't know whether to feel glad or sad...

2026/8/19

2026/8/19

(If you wish to post your comment but don't have a Google account, select "anonymous" from the drop down menu titled "comment as"!) 

最初、信じられませんでした。桜の木に毛虫がいっぱい。モンクロシャチホコ(紋黒鯱)の幼虫です。桜の葉が好物だそうです。死んでしまう桜もあるほど食欲旺盛な毛虫です。

でもそれだけじゃないんです。なんとモンクロシャチホコは食べられるのです😱。サクラの葉を食べて育つため、桜餅や桜の葉の塩漬けに似た爽やかな風味や香りがして人気があるとのこと。そこで疑問が。。。最初に試したのは誰?勇気あると思いませんか?

翌日行ったら、大量発生していた枝が全て刈り取られていました。悲しいのか、嬉しいのか分かりません。

(Google アカウントを持ってない方は、コメント記入後に「Google アカウント」をクリックし、「匿名」か「名前/URL」を選択してからご記入ください!)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Cherry Caterpillar (Phalera Flavescens) モンクロシャチホコ(紋黒鯱)

英語の後に日本語が続きます。 I couldn't believe my eyes. These are so called cherry caterpillars, larvae of Phalera flavescens or a moth. They eat che...