The meat had literally appeared out of nowhere. Where had he been holding it? Then, he disappeared. After that, I only recall him coming back shortly after, holding something in his right hand, and saying with a grin again, "Eat this."
It was grilled medium-rare, which made me wonder how he could have cooked it in such a short time, and where. But I wasn't given time to think because he told me again to eat it. He was persistent. Unable to say anything, I just grabbed it and put it into my mouth.
What was I chewing? It was like tasteless beef jerky! I felt his eagerness to hear something good about what he called "the best steak," but I couldn't speak because no matter how many times I chewed it, it didn't get soft. I couldn't swallow it. It was still in my mouth, completely tasteless... I had to keep chewing it over and over again... until I woke up, realizing that I'd been dreaming and chewing on my silicone mouth guard for teeth grinding.
Revised on 10/3/2026
(If you wish to post your comment but don't have a Google account, select "anonymous" from the drop down menu titled "comment as"!)
ある日の午後、ステーキ好きな同僚のK氏が職場で肉を差し出してきました。そして「絶対に食べるべきだ」と言って聞かない。。。断ることもできず一切れ口にしたまではいいのですが噛めない! というか、ビーフジャーキーを固くしたみたいで噛み切れない、飲み込めない、しかも味がない。。。仕方なくずっとくちゃくちゃしながら「これ何? ステーキじゃないじゃん、味のないジャーキーじゃん!!」と叫んたところで目が覚めました。歯ぎしり用のマウスピースを噛んでいました。ウソのような本当の話です。
初稿 8/27/2019
改訂 10/3/2026
(Google アカウントを持ってない方は、コメント記入後に「Google アカウント」をクリックし、「匿名」か「名前/URL」を選択してからご記入ください!)


0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿