Cambodian Statue With Thumb Up イエーイ!な仏像

英語の後に日本語が続きます。

"I have a lot of money. Money follows me like chicks do! I'm cool and have everything! YAY!!" ...said this 10cm-tall statue. Or was it just my hallucination?

This statue is the "Standing Uma" from Cambodia, housed at the Tokyo National Museum. Uma is a Hindu goddess and Ganesh's mother. Oh, so it is her! I definitely need to rewrite that first paragraph!

I didn't mean to be disrespectful to Ganesh or Uma; I was just amazed by how different this cute and beautiful goddess is from Japanese statues. Most Japanese statues just stand or sit with an archaic smile, lacking any lively facial expressions or body language. Her cute unibrow and half-raised arms made me smile and feel happy!

Standing Uma

Posted on 9/10/2019
Revised on 10/30/2026

(If you wish to post your comment but don't have a Google account, select "anonymous" from the drop down menu titled "comment as"!)

東京国立博物所蔵のウマという女神の塑像です。「世の中俺の思い通りだぜ。イエ~い!!!」に見えました。でも調べてみたら、でガネーシャのお母様だそう。何という失態!「イエ~イ!旦那が死んで遺産で大金持ちだぜ。イケメンに囲まれてるぜ」の間違いでした。

ウマ様、ガネーシャ様、申し訳ございません🙇 ただ、申し上げたかったのは、日本の仏像より表現が豊かで親しみやすい。。。ということです。彼女の一本眉とイエーイに一目ぼれしました!

初稿 9/10/2019
改訂 10/30/2026

(Google アカウントを持ってない方は、コメント記入後に「Google アカウント」をクリックし、「匿名」か「名前/URL」を選択してからご記入ください!)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Gourd-shaped Jingdezhen Wucai Vase 五彩金襴手瓢形大瓶

英語の後に日本語が続きます。 Standing over 60 cm tall, this gourd-shaped porcelain vase is a piece of Jingdezhen wucai (five-color) overglaze enamel and ...