I always wondered what these tiny white flowers were and found the answer this morning by looking at a piece of paper on the wall (3rd photo), saying "Feel free to take some SHISO!" Yes! These are shiso flowers (Perilla frutescens var. crispa).
Hi, I'm Kei Narujima! This is a blog about the flowers, plants, and bugs I find in central Tokyo, along with bits of art and Japanese culture to make you smile or think (or so I hope)! こんにちは。花や虫、そして時々日本の文化などについて書いてます😊。
Shiso (Perilla Frutescens Var. Crispa) シソ(紫蘇)
英語の後に日本語が続きます。
Shiso, a kind of Japanese herb, is very popular, used for various dishes as ingredients (e.g., tempura) and as garnishes (e.g.,somen noodles, sushi, and sashimi ). The paper made me wonder how long it'd been there and why I missed it. I wish I had noticed it a few months earlier and been able to use shiso leaves for somen noodles!!
登録:
コメントの投稿 (Atom)
Beef Jerky at Midnight 真夜中のビーフジャーキー
英語の後に日本語が続きます。 On a weekday afternoon, I was in the office talking with a colleague of mine. He loves steak—in particular, grilled beef st...
-
英語の後に日本語が続きます。 I read A Pale View of Hills by Kazuo Ishiguro about ten years ago. The book was my second Ishiguro novel after Never Let Me ...
-
Japanese follows English. 英語の後に日本語が続きます。 These are flowers of Akebia quinata or commonly known as chocolate vine. The shades ranging from pa...
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿