Crepuscular Rays At Dawn and Sunset 薄明光線

Japanese follows English. 英語の後に日本語が続きます。

Crepuscular rays at sunset

I often look up to see the sky. One day before the sunset, I found these crepuscular rays, or angel's or Jacob's ladder or God rays.

I had never heard of the term "crepuscular rays" or even its literal Japanese translation of "薄明光線" until looking it up to write this post. Instead, I just said, "It's like Buddha halo shining." I don't believe in any religion, but these rays always make me feel that up there, there might be something greater than ourselves.

I took the photos below at dawn on different days.

Crepuscular at dawn
  
Crepuscular at dawn

最近朝早く起きるせいか、薄明光線をよく見かけます。1枚目は日の入り、2枚目、3枚目は日の出の時の写真です。「薄明光線」という言葉、このブログのために調べるまで知りませんでした。天使のはしご、天使の階段、ヤコブの階段、とも言われているようです。でも私にとっては「後光がさしている」という感じでしょうか。無宗教ですが見るといつも敬虔な気持ちになります。

2 件のコメント:

  1. 薄明光線、私もインスタに投稿する際に調べて知った言葉です。
    厚い雲から射し込む光、本当に美しいですよね。
    偉大で美しく荒々しく強く優しい自然に昔の人々は神仏の姿を重ね、癒やされ、敬い、畏れたのでしょうね。
    私も無宗教ですが、その気持ちは凄くわかる気がします。

    返信削除
    返信
    1. 自然の美しさ、そして人間の英知の積み重ねには感動し、畏怖を覚えます。最近「空」と「美術館(博物館)」にはまっているのはそのせいです。年末年始にはまた美術館に行って人間の美しい面を見てこようと思っています!
      年末年始は寒いけど晴れるとこと。空の方も期待できそうですね!!

      削除

Single-Flowered White Sasanqua Camellia with Pink Edges 一重でピンクの縁取りの白山茶花

英語の後に日本語が続きます。 The Camellia sasanqua is native to, and can be found across, Japan. It produces flowers from October to December (as opposed ...