英語の後に日本語が続きます。
This 3 cm sculpture is a netsuke in the shape of the Lucky God Daikoku on display at the Tokyo National Museum. It's carved from ivory by an artist whose name I can't read, though the signature implies he carved it at 73 years old. It is amazing how someone with a lifetime of practice can create something this cute and joyful! I love his smile and his little dance.
This 3 cm sculpture is a netsuke in the shape of the Lucky God Daikoku on display at the Tokyo National Museum. It's carved from ivory by an artist whose name I can't read, though the signature implies he carved it at 73 years old. It is amazing how someone with a lifetime of practice can create something this cute and joyful! I love his smile and his little dance.
A netsuke is a small carved ornament, typically made of ivory or wood, worn with traditional Japanese dress as a toggle to attach an item to a kimono sash (Source: Lexico). If you love netsuke, check out this list of over 40 pieces!
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿