Oakleaf hydrangea 柏葉紫陽花

Japanese follows English. 英語の後に日本語が続きます。

Flowers often amaze me, but this one gave me the biggest surprise. Have you ever seen this?

Oakleaf hydrangea 柏葉紫陽花

The leaf is like an oak's leaf 葉の形が柏

This is oakleaf hydrangea, which I'd never seen it, so I didn't first realize it a hydrangea. But the combination of refreshing white and lime green and its unique cone-shaped flower clusters were so beautiful that it stood out completely from the surroundings, making me come near to see it. 

In Japan, oak leaves are used for kashiwa mochi, i.e., rice cakes with red bean paste fillings wrapped in oak leaves, usually eaten on May 5 or Children's day. But this year I completely forgot to eat it because of Covid-19😭

(If you wish to post your comment but don't have a Google account, select "anonymous" from the drop down menu titled "comment as"!)

柏葉紫陽花です。葉の形が柏に似ているからその名がついたとのこと。花の色と形がとても優雅です。そういえば今年はコロナ騒ぎで柏餅を食べるのをすっかり忘れていました😭

(Google アカウントを持ってない方は、コメント記入後に「Google アカウント」をクリックし、「匿名」か「名前/URL」を選択してからご記入ください!)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Grasshopper (Atractomorpha) オンブバッタ(負飛蝗)

英語の後に日本語が続きます。 These are grasshoppers. Simple and clear. The issue is, however, their relationship. For example, a man passing by me taking ...