Chimonanthus Praecox (or Wintersweet) in Neighborhood 近所の蝋梅

Japanese follows English. 英語の後に日本語が続きます。

This is chimonanthus praecox or more commonly wintersweet I found yesterday in my neighborhood. I'd seen the flower at Ueno Peony Garden in Tokyo early January, but I didn't know this was also in my neighborhood. What a nice surprise😊!!
 
Chimonanthus praecox 蝋梅

Wintersweet

With red and green traffic lights as the backdrop 赤信号・青信号♬

Almost in full bloom ほぼ満開?

With a green traffic light as the backdrop 青信号でした。。。

But it means that I've been walking almost everyday for nearly a year on a street with several wintersweet trees planted without noticing it... 

Wintersweet is called "wax plum/apricot" because the petals look to be made of wax. I love this yellow, which is not that bright but opaque.  

Woops! I forgot to do something very important, i.e., smell the flower😂! Wintersweet is known for its sweet scent. If you find one, don't miss the chance!! 

(If you wish to post your comment but don't have a Google account, select "anonymous" from the drop down menu titled "comment as"!)

全然知りませんでした。近所に蝋梅が植えられていたなんて。毎日通っていたのに。。。 1月頭に上野牡丹園で見たのですが近所でも咲いてたなんて!

名前通り確かに蝋っぽい黄色ですよね。あっ!匂い嗅ぐのまた忘れてました。やんなっちゃう😂

(Google アカウントを持ってない方は、コメント記入後に「Google アカウント」をクリックし、「匿名」か「名前/URL」を選択してからご記入ください!)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Female Scarlet Skimmer (Crocothemis Servilia) ショウジョウトンボ(猩々蜻蛉)

英語の後に日本語が続きます。 This is a female scarlet skimmer (ruddy marsh skimmer or Crocothemis servilia), or so I believe. In contrast to its name, the...