Thousand-Armed Bodhisattva Kannon 千手観音菩薩坐像

英語の後に日本語が続きます。

I know it’s a bit disrespectful, but the statue's arms look like Hattifatteners to me. This is a 14th-century thousand-armed Kannon bodhisattva housed at the Tokyo National Museum. It has 42 arms in total—including the two main ones—meant to help people in need.

Later on, maybe inspired by the figure, I saw some packing peanuts in a cardboard box for a lemon juice bottle; I grabbed them and started making Hattifatteners. I ended up with 13! Take a look at the second photo.

Thousand-armed bodhisattva kannon, 14th century 千手観音菩薩坐像 14世紀

My Hattifatteners! 我が家のニョロニョロ!

The box contained a lemon juice bottle レモンジュースが入っていました

Posted on 12/23/2020
Revised on 10/30/2026

(If you wish to post your comment but don't have a Google account, select "anonymous" from the drop down menu titled "comment as"!)

東京国立博物館所蔵の千手観音菩薩坐像です。実際は1,000ではなく、42本(自分の腕2本と脇の40本)の腕で人間を助けてくださいます。だから失礼なことは重々分かっています。でも、その腕がニョロニョロに見えてしまうのは私だけでしょうか。

この観音に影響されたのか、ある日、レモンジュースの箱に入っていた発泡スチロールを見た瞬間作り始めたのが「ニョロニョロ一家(2枚目の写真)」です。

初稿 12/23/2020
改訂 10/30/2026

(Google アカウントを持ってない方は、コメント記入後に「Google アカウント」をクリックし、「匿名」か「名前/URL」を選択してからご記入ください!)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Bumblebee マルハナバチ(丸花蜂)

英語の後に日本語が続きます。 Bumble bees are found primarily in the Northern Hemisphere—across North America, Europe, and Asia—as well as parts of South A...